Thursday, June 2, 2011

Boyce Avenue

Last week I was introduced to the Boyce Avenue song Dare To Believe and I think I've listened to it about 1,000 times since then. Lead singer, Alejandro's, voice just gets me and this song just gets me. It's smooth and sincere and yearns for a certain something that almost brings a tear to my eye.

If you swear you believe in life
Embrace forgiveness ‘cause it’s all that I’m askin’
Or keep holdin’ out while the innocent die


This 'Puerto Rican-American accoustice rock' trio of brothers has 2 full albums, one recently released June 2010, All We Have Left, that I recomend checking out. Their origional songs remind me of those of Matt Wertz or Eye Alaska. They also have a ton of covers on youtube including Katy Perrys Teenage Dream, Tracy Chapmans Fast Car, Googoo Dolls' Iris, and many more. Every cover gets better then the last and I can see why their youtube fan base is growing at an alarming race.

No comments:

Post a Comment