Monday, October 18, 2010

Marina & The Diamonds


One track mind, one track heart

If I fail, I'll fall apart

Maybe it is all a test

Cause I feel like I'm the worst

So I always act like I'm the best



What would happen if Lady Gaga & Katy Perry got together and had a baby? Marina & The Diamonds, that's what!

Often mistaken for having a backup band (because of the name "& The Diamonds") and being similar to Florence + The Machine (whom I love), Marina & The Diamonds is a one woman rocking out machine. Her sound is upbeat, playful, fun, loud, and very colorful...something I can 110% see my girlfriends and myself rocking out to.

Marina started out early in 2005-2009 in the UK and made her debut in the US, May 2010, with the CD, The Family Jewels, which will soon be part of my music collection!

Here are a couple songs to wet your appetite...

No comments:

Post a Comment