Monday, October 25, 2010

Sara Bareilles

(First and foremost, before talking about Sara Bareilles, I would just like to state how much of an idiot I am. I bought the new KOL CD before being reminded that my BF had already gotten the CD for me and uploaded it onto my phone which was 3 ft from my hand when writing my previous blog post. $10 Fail.)

Next on the agenda, Sara Bareilles. I've never been a huge fan of hers, not that I didn't like her, but just that I never got into her after the 2007 hit, Love Song....you know the one that goes "I'm not gonna write you a love song...cause you asked for it...cause blah blah blah...and some other stuff". I was asked by my room mate to pick up her new CD and honestly, never got around to it for one reason or another.

However, after hearing her song, Many The Miles, in the movie She's Out Of My League I am whistling a different tune.

I never realized how full of passion, effortless, and beautiful her voice is. After acquiring her newest CD, Kaleidoscope Heart, I'm still hit with the pop princess sounds of her hit Love Song - but I seem to not mind them so much because they are mixed with a grand throwback to the 70s (Read: Not Alone). I even found myself humming Hold My Heart & Uncharted at work this morning. Listening to her songs is like hearing her speak to someone directly and most subject matter is something we've all experienced. I, for one, know a few people I'd like to sing "King Of Anything" to.

So, If you are looking for something upbeat and bubbly to listen to this morning I would definately suggest getting her CD.

(Jenny, I'm burning you a copy as we speak...)

No comments:

Post a Comment