Friday, August 6, 2010

This is how you do it.

There are so many ways to find new music, one I've already touched base on (starbucks picks of the week), but one of my other favorite ways is the "Suggestions" box on youtube. The whole "you like this song? well, you might like this song too!" - Youtube, my love, you've given me a good suggestion once again.

I was listening to Noah & The Whale when I stumbled across Laura Marling (who reminds me very much of Sia). Her sound like very folky and I would probably categorize her with the likes of Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, Pricsilla Ahn, and Diane Birch. From what I've read she is big in the London folk scene AND Tom from Noah & The Whale is a member in her band, which is pretty cool.

Anyway, Ghosts is my favorite song I've heard of hers so far and the video is pretty nifty too. Here are a couple other one's that aren't too bad...
Night Terror
My Manic & I (also, I love this video)
New Romantic

I'm also noticing that most of her songs are pretty depressing, but her voice is damn beautiful, I think I can look past that.

On a totally different note: Thank you so much for the Tunng CDs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment