Monday, January 10, 2011

The Head and The Heart

Stumbled upon a great new band thanks to hearya.com (of course) - The Head and The Heart. This 6 person band is a fusion of everything I love when it comes to music - they are described as The Beatles meets Crosby Stills Nash & Young and the Avett Brothers with a powerful, folky, instrumental backup.

They have one album self released June 2010 - that I cannot find, so if anyone can find it and knows where to DL it PLEASE let a sister know so she can get her new music on.

Their one song that I cannot seem to get enough of is Lost In My Mind, I tend to zone out listening to this one, it just makes me happy, especially when the beat picks up and I have to stop myself from clapping my hands like a wild woman.

They are described as "speaking to the newness of a fresh start, of the ghosts left behind, of moving forward, all brimming with a soulfulness and hope for a better life than the one we've all been sold" - I felt this was pertinant to 2011, fresh beginnings and all.

Here are a couple other good one's to check out -
Down in the Valley
Ghosts
Cats and Dogs & Coeur D'Alene

1 comment: