Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jamie Lidell on The Beatles

Sigh....

iTunes asked some famous artists what their favorite Beatles song was because they recently decided to add this wonderful ear-gasmic music to their repository.

“It seems so cruel to isolate one lonely favourite from a family of masterworks but it must be done so I’m gonna chose ‘I Want to Hold Your Hand.’ I challenge any living, breathing adult not to feel the rush of young love when this number pushes its exuberance out into the room. This song is like a sonic perfume and that for me is to be found in all the best music. This one smells like the most optimistic spring I can imagine.” - Jamie Lidell

Challenge accepted, young love felt, and sonic perfume.....well.....I don't know how to respond to that, BUT I agree that it is the most optimistic thing one can ever hear. I find it truly impossible to be sad listening to the Beatles, regardless of subject matter.

So here - enjoy, feel some love, and I dare you not to grin like I do while listening to this!



I think it's safe to say that I don't have a favorite Beatles song because I find it absolutely impossible to pick just one...I love If I Fell, Revolution, and especially All You Need Is Love - which brings a tear to my eye every time - but I also have a soft spot for any song they have created.

Check out below the T-Mobile Hey Jude Beatles sing along, something I would have given my right arm to be a part of and still makes me cry every time I watch it. Iconic. There is no other word for this band in my book.



What is your favorite Beatles song?

No comments:

Post a Comment