Thursday, January 27, 2011

Someone Still Loves You Borris Yelstin, Two Door Cinema Club, Tokyo Police Club @ 930 Club

Last week the boyfriend and I went to see one of his favorite bands, Two Door Cinema Club, at 930 Club in DC. I'm not going to lie they put on a pretty fantastic show! ....but a little more on that in a bit.

In true fashion he decided to check out the opening band, Someone Still Loves You Borris Yelstin, and what he found wasn't bad so we were both really looking forward to checking them out for the first time. They put on a pretty great performance as well. Sounding a lot like Vampire Weekend, another band I really enjoy, SSLYBY is a indie pop band hailing from Misouri that have 3 full length albums: Broom (2005), Pershing (2008), and Let It Sway (2010).

Here's a crappy pic I took of them during the concert with my iphone. I wish it turned out better, but it's the best one I could get!

And here are a few of their songs to check out as well....

Modern Mystery
Think I Wanna Die
Sink/Let It Sway

The main attraction (for us at least), Two Door Cinema Club, put on a AWESOME show and the audience was super extatic when they finally made their debut. They played a bunch of songs off of their debut album Tourist History including Do You Want It All, Something Good Can Work, and Undercover Martyn (which is the boys fave song by them so I'm glad he got to hear it live!). They also played a couple of songs I didn't know, either previous singles, or something to be released in the future. Regardless, I don't remember because it was a week ago.

In the end they put on a damn fantastic show live! They were full of energy and the crowd was going nuts including my silly boyfriend who was headbanging!

I have a couple of videos from the concert as well, but won't be able to upload those until I get home tonight.

The last band we didn't really stay to hear too much of...partially because we are old and were tired and partially because I don't think either of us really cared that much. I've heard of Toyko Police Club in passing, but never heard their music and I was more than slightly dispointed when the lead singer wasn't the guy with crazy spikey black hair that I thought he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment