Thursday, July 8, 2010

New People = New Music

I haven't written in one of my blogs in a long time. I told myself some time ago I'd write about all my current music obsessions. I think it's about time I do that.

With that being said. I love sharing my music obsessions with people...as annoying, oppressive, obsessive, and random as they may be. Sharing music tastes recently has sparked me to start writing it down because my music selection is usually fleeting.

Here goes nothing:

Mixtape #1
1. She & Him - Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?

Honestly, I just wish I was Zoey Deschanel.

2. Angus and Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane

Thank you Perez Hilton, I love them. Except only their CD "Down The Way" - the other one kind of sucks.

3. The XX
4. Eye Alaska

Only their Yellow & Elephant CD, it's way more mellow than Genesis.

5. Matt&Kim - Daylight

I secretly wish I was in their relationship. It's so cute it actually makes me stomach ache.

6. Passion Pit
7. Her Space Holiday

8. The Dead Weather - I Cut Like A Buffalo

I have loved this song from the moment I heard it. The video is hella weird, but I dig it. I hear the rest of Jack White's new music is semi country-ish. I don't think I care enough to listen to anything else.

9. Jamie Lidell - She Needs Me

I have three Jamie Lidell CDs and I'm relatively obsessed with him slash wish he didn't live in London. This song randomly came on my playlist the other day and I've listened to this one specific song maybe about 75 times. I wish I was lieing.

That's about all I have for now. Here is a tasty new morsel, even to me.

Youth Group - On A String

No comments:

Post a Comment