Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Angus & Julia Stone

I wish I had a mango tree


In my backyard


With you standin next to me


Take the picture


From her lips I heard her say,


Can I have you?


Caught up on what to say,


I said you do.
 I think there is a really good chance I've already blogged about this particularly heart wrenchingly amazing brother/sister duo, but in case I haven't, I'm here to introduce them to you.
First and foremost I believe I need to thank Perezhilton for introducing them to me. I still can't believe I take music advice from a gossip blogger...but, alas, I do.

Anyway.

Angus and Julia are from Sydney, Australia and grew up in a musical family, facilitating their present musical talent. Not only do they both sing and write all of their music, but they play all of their instruments as well. Their sound is, of course, folky, soulful, and poignant.

They have 2 CDs - A Book Like This, their debut album, came out in 2008, while their second album, Down The Way, came out recently in March 2010. I have to admit I am a much larger fan of Down The Way. I find it to be more cohesive as an album, while A Book Like This, has a much more upbeat and choppy sound. However, both are DEFINATELY worth a listen.

A couple songs to note -

Mango Tree <- Favorite song on A Book Like This

Big Jet Plane <- Favorite song on Down The Way

No comments:

Post a Comment