Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Welcome back blogger.

I have not blogged in quite some time, but I have about 30 minutes before the end of the work day and I can't think of a better way to waste it then to blog about my favorite thing ever: musics.

So here goes nothing....

KINGS OF LEON HAS A NEW SONG CALLED RADIOACTIVE! Whoop! I'm really liking it and I can't wait to hear more from thier new album, Come Around Sundown, when it comes out 10/19. (Although if you hear me talking about buying it on itunes, slap my wrist and tell me I'm broke and it's not in the budget!)

I've gotten a TON of new albums recently. For example...
1. Analog Rebellion - Ancient Electrons (Fave song - A Particularly Long Elevator Shaft)

Their stuff kind of reminds me of a mix of Her Space Holiday & what I used to listen to in high school.

2. Belle & Sebastion - If You're Feeling Sinister
3. Delta Spirit - History From Below & Ode to Sunshine
4. Faded Paper Figures - Dynamo
5. Ziggy Marley - Conscious Party

That isn't including the 6 random albums some cute boy told me to listen to (which, I WILL get around to listening to all of it some day!).

I have to admit, one of my favorite things about being so painfully into new music is when someone is like "I like this song" or "Have you heard of this artist?" and I get to say "Yep, and I have the album. Want it? He/She/They are GREAT." - That happened the other night with my best friend and the singer Diane Birch.

I had given most of Diane Birch's music kind of the boot because a lot of it is awfully....how do I say this politely? Religious? Yes, Painfully religious. I mean it's no Sufjan Stevens, but still. Her father was a pastor and she grew up singing hymms in her church until she didn't want to be oppressed by her overly religious father anymore and started singing more secular tunage. However, she kept the religious views she grew up with so her album, Bible Belt, is a mix of religious and non religious songs. Anyway, her voice is pretty beautiful and the few songs I kept up with are as follows...

Rewind & Rise Up

In fact - When I hear Rise Up I get a little sway in my shoulders and it makes me want to go to Louisiana and drink iced tea with lemon on someones front porch, the same way I get when I hear Marc Broussard.

Oh dear - time is running out here at work. I promise to blog more and to create some sort of direction with this blog instead of it being all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment