Thursday, September 9, 2010

Scissor Sisters



I bought the Scissor Sisters self titled album when it came out in 2004.


No idea why.


Never actually listened to it back in 2004.


I probably just knew I would dig it out of my dusty old CD case, upload it onto my itunes, realize they were way ahead of their time, and fall madly in love with them 6years later.


Which is exactly what happened on my way home from work last night and I'm officially obsessed with the song Take Your Mama. It's fun, catchy, and has a bit of soul. I also REALLY liked the song Laura.


I'm really enjoying their electro pop sound that make me want to dance and I am super excited to hear about a new album they just released called Night Work!! (However, again, depressed to say don't let me buy this yet...).


Here is a little tidbit from their new album - Any Which Way - and if this is any inkling of what will be heard on the new album, I must have it immediately.


I must also have that helmet that shoots fireworks.

1 comment:

  1. Duh! I've been listening to scissor sisters for six years

    ReplyDelete