Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Metric

Amazon.com is the devil - I got this email in my inbox this morning....Customers who have shown an interest in indie and alternative rock might also be interested in these $5 albums available now at Amazon MP3...and then a list of 100 albums for $5.

So far I've downloaded:
  • Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D (The Energy Never Dies)
  • Norah Jones - The Fall (Amazon Exclusive)
  • Metric - Fantasies
Metric wasn't actually $5, it was $7 so amazon has a bunch of liars in their midst, but I bought it because I fell in love with the 3 20 second clips I listened to because they sound strikingly similar to the new Stars album, The Five Ghosts.

They have ghostly female lead vocals, complete with upbeat percussion rounding out their sound. They originated in Ontario, Canada in 2003 with Old World Umderground, Where Are You Now and have 4 albums total with their most recent, Fantasies, released in 2009. Their sound is described best as "New Wave mixed with modern dance rock" - which explains my jerky head movements with each passing song.

Anyway, they are pretty rad and if I could figure out how to have a music player on my blog I'd stream the entire album that way - but until I become blog savy I will leave you with these few youtube links.

Sick Muse

Help I'm Alive

Gold Guns Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment