First and foremost all groups came together in the opening number - Kings Of Leon's "Use Somebody" (I could only find a small clip in the beginning of this vid...) - which was heartfelt and emotional. The theme of last night episode was popular music I believe, or top 40, or something along those lines.
Here was the breakdown -
- On The Rocks - T.I. and Rihanna "Live Your Life"
- Streetcorener Symphony - Train "Hey Soul Sister"
- Eleventh Hour - Bruno Mars "Just The Way You Are"
- Jerry Lawson and Talk of the Town - Duffy "Mercy"
- The Backbeats - The Script "Break Even"
- Committed - One Republic "Apologize"
- Groove For Thought - Mike Posner "Cooler Than Me"
- The Whiffenpoofs - Michael Buble "Just Haven't Met You Yet"
Eleventh Hour went home.
The second half was such a close call it surprised me! All of the acts were great, but the 2 stand out performances were Apologize (Committed) and Cooler Than Me (Groove For Thought). Even now listening to Committed's rendition of Apologize gives me goosebumps! Their harmonies are impecible! I didn't think that Backbeat was able to stay while...
TheWhiffenpoofs were sent home, but alas they were. I really enjoyed their version of Just Haven't Met You Yet (this not from the actual show, but it's close enough). I thought it was fun and they had a lot of energy for some rigid choral singers from Yale.
In the end I'd be happy with either Streetcorner Symphony, Committed, or Groove For Thought winning - stay tuned to find out who it is!